Tuesday 20 September 2011

It's not a found object but so pretty ...

I do use a lot of found and salvaged objects in my jewelry, including beads sourced from thrift stores and the like.    Sometimes though you just gotta go new,  especially when they look like this:




This is a grab bag from http://www.etsy.com/shop/mountainshadowdesign.  I've bought from them before and they don't disappoint.


And  these from http://www.etsy.com/shop/avedisgems.  They are a Sydney based supplier so, hopefully, the goodies wont take too long to arrive.


Nothing can compare to the heart stopping/can't breathe excitement of finding something wonderful in a thrift shop or on the ground (yes, my children hate going out with me as I have a tendency to stop in the middle of the street and pick up some discarded object saying 'ooh look at this').   But, opening up a pack of new lovlies from your favorite etsy supplier comes a pretty close second (if you can stand the stress of waiting for it to arrive of course).







No comments:

Post a Comment