Wednesday 14 September 2011

It's not always about jewellery

If you take a look at the list of blogs I follow (over on the left of the page) you will see that they are definitely not limited to jewelry.


I love blogs.  In fact, it's got to the point where, rather than reach for a book at night, I reach for my iPad and indulge myself in a bit of blog perusing .    I think it was the Bloggess (www.thebloggess.com) that got me hooked.    I recently joined the Etsians of Facebook Team and was encouraged, via one of their discussion threads,  to peruse the blogs of fellow team members and, by doing so,  discovered some real gems.    


There are some amazingly talented, funny and creative people out there and I guess one of the things I love about the online world  it is its accessibility (OK, I know lots of people don't have computers or broadband connections).  The internet is a  marvelous playground.  Just like any playground it has its fair share of bullies, stalkers and flashers, but it's still a pretty great place to play.  


It's also really heartening, and this brings me back to blogs, is how entertaining and richly rewarding it is to read about other people's (and I mean average people, not celebs) daily lives, to hear their stories and get a glimpse into their world.  The very best blogs, in my opinion at least, are authentic and, although they may be be riotously funny, have a note of truth.


Anyhow, that's enough rambling from me for today.


No comments:

Post a Comment