Friday 20 January 2012

Lazy Day ...


I'm planning on a lazy day where where nothing will be planned for or achieved.  I went to bed with a headache last night and woke up with one this morning. I've always suffered from migraines and have tried varying treatments to no avail. The latest, immigran nasal spray, is probably the closest I've come to a solution but I only use it as a last ditch response. I'm hoping that today's will clear-off of its own accord.  


I'm not the only one lounging around.  My daughter is on the computer (facebooking):




My son is on his PlayStation  (if my headache clears up later I'll play too - don't judge me):




In fact the only one being productive is my husband - he's chuffing around the garden on the ride-on, mowing the grass being chased by our dog (would make a great picture but I'm too lazy to get up and take it).




Stuff is piled up on my work table.  I've got a few ideas floating around in my head that I might try to enact later.  I'm partially pleased with the necklace hanging on the bust.  It's a grey macrame chord with ceramic beads and a red coral and bead cluster focal. The only thing is I used a commercial clasp which, now I look at it, I really dislike as it distracts from the earthy, primitive vibe.  There's no way to remove so I may have to try and make a similar piece with a hand made closure. 


I'm also eagerly awaiting a package from the US which wont get here for a few weeks.  A fellow etsian and I are doing a materials swap.  We are both sending each other some bits and pieces from our respective stashes and will then share pics of what we come up with.  It's lovely to interact with other artists.   It's both inspiring and validating.  


'til next time.

1 comment:

  1. Wishing you well - I have had migraines and all other kinds of headaches all my life as well - so I know the tune you are singing.
    The necklace with the macramé looks fabulous - I can't wait to get another look.

    ReplyDelete