Monday 30 April 2012

Ta da ....





I bought etsian fancifuldevices' bangle tutorial a few weeks ago and finally got round to making a couple of stacks.   The great thing about the tutorial is that it encourages you to be brave and not over think the process.  






I've admired many bangle stacks from fellow etsians like readbetweenlines and tuscanrose (to name just a couple of examples of awesome artists - we are talking serious talent) but I have always, up until now at least, been unable to create an etsy worthy stack of my own.   I followed the tutorial's advice and kept my colour palette simple, turned the tv on and ... not bad for a first effort I think.  I'm going to try to be braver still in my next attempts.  I've been hoarding some brooches and other bits and pieces of shiny for some time (think years) and I think (well hope) that they might work well in a stack.


The only downside is that I am now addicted to The Voice which was on whilst I worked away at the bangles- at least it's better than my (very short addiction) to Jersey Shore for which I blame an MTV marathon of back to back episodes and flue medication.  


On the complete flip side I also finished this piece:





This is a complete rework of a piece of the piece below (sorry about the crap photo)


The more I looked at it the more I hated it -the tassel was too full and the silver cap (the top of a vintage salt cellar) was completely out of whack.  I was tearing my hair out until a brainwave last night.   Mind you I think I went through about a mile of wire before getting the wrapping right!!!  


I'm still struggling with my camera - the weather is so gloomy lately and, because I take the pics outside without flash, it's hard to get anything in focus and I end up having to use the 'sharpen' option in my photo editor which does weird things to the colour.    I think I'm going to have to rethink my setup for winter.


Oh and I wanted to show you something else I made with the fabulous materials that Melinda from Bees on Pie  sent me.




See that gorgeous little shell with the hole , isn't it cute.  These have sold already (thanks Melinda).  She also sent me some fabulous little driftwood pieces which I want to use but the stash hoarder in me wont release them just yet. 


Til next time ...

5 comments:

  1. Your bangle stacks are beautiful!! And I love how you reworked that necklace.

    xoxo Juliette

    ReplyDelete
  2. The stacks are definitely etsy-worthy! And I want to see more of the re-worked necklace...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome bangles, you'll get addicted, I did. Love the leather on your necklace and the silver cap with tassel. Those last earrings are a dream.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your stacks are right up there with the best of them... Lots of new and different ideas I may have to borrow from you of I may... Like seeing them in copper as well

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such yummy-fine stackery -- it looks like you had fun. I love the redo on the necklace and the earrings, too!

    ReplyDelete